Monday 25 March 2013

Surprise!!!! Can you believe it?!??!

Hi Lovies!!

Andy and I just want to thank you for your continued support. As I'm hardly out and about (hahaha), Andy has been telling me about the encouragement and support and LOADS of LOVE we have been getting about our little blog. Soooooo....

THANK YOU!!
THANXXXX!!!


I told you last week that I had a surprise for you.. and this one is HUGE! Now every week, Andy and I discuss what I'm going to post. As I mentioned before he is FIERCELY private. I like my business to remain just that, my business, but I tend to be a little more open than he is. Hence, this blog. This experience is making me fall more and more in love with Andy. He's really such a sweetheart. And always telling me some nonsense to make me laugh!  This journey is so unbelievable that sometimes I literally have to tell myself, 'hey girl, get off your bum and do some wedding work.' T-460 days til wedding day. Sounds like a lot right? Well today is already done, so T-459 oh my gosh.

Andy and I think it would be INCREDIBLY biased and WRONG for me to be the sole contributor to this our little project so... (drumroll please) ANDY is going to write as well! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
He's too much lolol!!


Now please do not pressure the gentleman! His writing style is inspirational and funny. And he is soo sooo good at grasping and maintaining your attention. But because of his schedule it will be in due course. I KNOW you all will enjoy getting the groom's point of view on Wedding Prep and the whirlwind that is Heidi!

Updates:

Apart from the occasional freak out over it, I've been carefully considering my guest list again. So much can change in a matter of minutes far less months. And relationships have a way of evolving or devolving. So on that front, I'm still debating, but we maintain that we will have an intimate, beautiful FUN affair. Point, blank, period.

My friend's Tonya and Sabrina have been SUPER supportive, and since we have been friends from second form Lodge School days it's very special to still be in contact with them and have them love me for me and I love them right back.  The two of them? Know how to get and keep me in check, especially Mrs. Tonya Roberts, so I know they have my back alllll the way. And Sabrina? thinks i'm a nut, so she ALWAYS checking up on me LOL, (she's not half right lololol). They allow me to vent, jabber jaw, discuss and we don't always talk about Wedding Things, sometimes they just check to see how i'm doing and that is a HUGE blessing! It helps keep me sane!


Because...

Can I just say that I have not yet wrapped my head around the fact that I, Heidi Rene'e will be THE BRIDE.   (God help muh). Chris (one of our photographers), said to me that he can't WAIT to see how I will react on Wedding Day. I know I'll cry, because Andy and I have endured and enjoyed LOTS of precious moments together and he is truly my BEST FRIEND. I know I'll laugh because SOMEBODY is going to say or do something totally hilarious and maybe a little off colour. I know I will pray, HARD because I do not want crashers, or paparazzi or wardrobe malfunctions and I want Wedding Day and marriage to be splendid. I know I will sing LOUDLY because I will be overjoyed. Can you tell I'm happy and excited?
hmmmmmmm....

Andy and Heidi: 

WE share everything ( except food I hate sharing my food chile, but i'm working on it haha). We make a great team. WE pray together, laugh together, tell each other off when necessary but we ALWAYS support each other, even if we don't agree 100% with the decisions we may make.

So do not underestimate the power of a supportive fiance', boyfriend, lover, friend. Whatever. We are trying to enjoy this process, cause for us this is the honeymoon period. After the wedding day is done, marriage is the next phase and that is by no means a bed of roses. But we believe it IS what you make it. It can only be successful with God, effort,and the love you put in it. So we're trying our best to be spiritually, mentally and physically prepared. And enjoy that to the fullest too, we've been waiting for a little (lonnnng as France for me tho!! LOLOLOL) while to be married so we're very excited!
Yay us! 


Incoming!!!:

And our families are getting excited toooooo! We have a few folks planning on coming from Africa, Germany, the UK, Canada, the US and maybe even the Virgin Islands. It's going to be a very special day. But it will be difficult for me especially since my dad won't be there. This year will make 5 years since he passed away. And every year it gets easier, but the pain never goes away. I've learned to live with him being gone. But I know that will be SUPER hard next year, not having my Dad walk me down the aisle. It's one of those rites of passage I'd always looked forward to, and I can't help but feel like I was robbed of it. But I also believe that God ALWAYS provides a ram in the bush. Before he died, he made sure to ask a few of his closest friends to look out for me, to look after me. I still wish my father could be there. He was one of a kind, and he liked Andy very much. I know he would have been very proud of us both. But I also know he had to go. I truly enjoyed him while he was here, and I'm sure I'll feel his presence next year too.
Me and Dad. He allllways liked to interfere wid me as I ready to sleep! Come and wake up big people!


So tying it all together: 

Fiances are the greatest! And they can write blogs too!
Girlfriends keep you sane!
Family drives you crazy, but what is life without fun and a little nuttiness?
Daddy's are important whether near or far. Never forgotten Dad!

Love Heidi
xoxo.



5 comments:

  1. Awwwww. In tears, I truly identify with the missing Daddy scenario. Does it get easier? Hmmmm, sometimes yes, sometimes NO! But the memories are soooo precious and ofttimes, I just stroll down memory lane and smile, AND cry! Here's to all Dads, but especially those, who are watching over us from God's house!

    Sooooooo, about Andy writing? I can't wait for that. Continue to be blessed - the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read Andy's posts!! Yeah!! You will be a beautiful Bride Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Alison LOL!! I hope so :S Andy is looking forward to writing them too (I think) lololol

      Delete