Thursday 31 January 2013

Houston, we have our location!!

But cuhdear!!! I want one uh dem! 
I keep hearing 'oh I was planning my wedding since I was 8,6, 1.' I have seriously been in love with weddings from about age 10. I was a bridesmaid in my uncle's wedding and ohhhhhhh boy was I excited. The wedding was simple and pretty and peachy and all flouncy and tulle filled and wonderful!

And then I met Andy. Dude, has not EVER and IS NOT letting me have everything I want at alllllll. And I'm the kinda woman, if I want it, I want it. PUNTO. WEll lemme tell ya he is a groom among grooms, homeboy has ideas, and concerns and colours, ideas and preferences and he's making them known. And you know, at first I was taken aback, and ready for a fight, but now I'm like bring it on guy. It IS his wedding too, it's about US, not just me. Then our wedding will really be that, OURS. A union, a joining, a biggg, huge celebration of OUR love!

So when we agreed on the locations for our ceremony and reception almost 2/3 weeks after we got engaged I was pleasantly surprised. We wanted somewhere we both liked, were comfortable with and since we are both Christians we definitely wanted a Church Wedding. A ceremony that focuses on our faith, and its Author. God has brought us such a long way, and to get married in a garden just won't cut it for us. We want to honour Him and give Him all the glory and praise since it was Him that brought us together. In His house. Yea, He's everywhere, we know, but His house is the place to be :D

Of course I'm not telling you all EXACTLY where either event will be, but I will tell you this. The reception is supposed to be held someplace that I practically grew up, it's almost like a return home. When I was really little, this place had a magnificent staircase, beautiful glittering lights and a foyer to die for. And I was there nearly every evening. I was allowed to roam the gym and the spa, as well as a few of the rooms. And I have always loved it. It's overlooking the sea, one of Andy and my favourite places to chill and it's absolutely perfect.  So when it closed down a few years ago I was DEVASTATED. I remember telling Mummy, well, let's start looking elsewhere, I was about 16 years old. LOL.

Imagine my joy when it reopened, AND when Andy told me that's one of his top places to host a reception. I was ECSTATIC. And if you know him, you know if he doesn't like it, he's flat out going to say so, so brace yaself!

So we have our locations, and we are not lagging. We are not planning hardcore yet, but we have been making strides towards securing what we want for 2014. I am comfortable with our pace, and because we started so early, I am confident that we will be in good standing with our plans. For now our house is taking precedence with renovations and deciding on furniture, layout etc.

Anyway lovelies, here are a few of our ideas, and now that I've informed you about my Andy, you know that he is NOT left out of this equation. My boo means he is helping to plan OUR wedding lol. Oh and follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/modenmakeup/

Cuties!!! :D We get to have cuties in our party yaaay!! 
Now I love me some Tyrese especially in that grey...however...
Nobody can put a hurtin' on a suit like Andy :D And then when he gives you the 1000 watt smile with that LOVELY space in his teeth... wha loss...chaaa ddread! I done LOL!!
I LOVE these valancey type tablecloths, they look opulent and, regal! 


Swarovski Crystals ;) 


So that's exactly how I want my makeup to look,fresh, clean and matte! 


Isn't the backdrop GORGEOUS!!?!?!

Yes, I'm/We are a tad eccentric in our tastes, but it's the lights we love.

Calm, relaxed and enjoying the day. That's how we want to be! ANd ya gotta love those curtains and the chandelier



So next week, I reveal that we have conquered another obstacle, jumped another hurdle, faced another fear... we finally...




























Man wunna serious? Wunna gotta check back next week and find out!! 

Love you alllllllll!!

Heidi. xoxo 






3 comments:

  1. I love it! My huzzy was also an active groom, it was surprising as well. But his contributions were always interesting and sometimes great. Have fun planning you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you TWO are planning YOUR wedding. Hope you two have fun planning it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still struggling to figure out the venue for the reception ... hmmmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete