Friday 8 February 2013

Red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, OH MY!

Another week has passed!  So glad we started early.
Everytime I look at Andy, I get SUPER excited, so you all can not imagine my anticipation for next year! Andy keeps grinning for no reason. I think it's funny, then he says something like, yup when we're married blah. blah. And then I get why he's grinning, cute huh?
Last week I hinted (LOL) that we had cemented some plans and we did.

I'm allowed to divulge two of them... are you ready?

WE finally decided on....

A colour scheme AND...

I have bridesmaids!! wooooohooooo!

Fall  colours are BEAUTIFUL!
PRETTY!!! And not too bright right? 
Like it??
When I thought about the colour scheme, the first thing that popped into my head was black, white and red. And that is NOT typical Heidi. My friend Kevin Butcher calls me the 'Guyanese Gal'. (NO OFFENSE TO MY GUYANESE BABIES). Every time we see each other i'm in some colourful outfit and he cracks right up. I can't help it if I'm a ray of sunshine and love to show it off!

Here's an example (pink tho, but you get the idea):

Courtesy of THE KNOT.com.
So chile, lemme tell you. Deciding on our colour palette was HARD! Andy is basic. But I LOVE colour. At first he reallly wanted black and white. And I wanted black white and red. And then when I thought about it, our photographs came to mind, our videography, people's reactions, the decor of the venue. And I knew we had to allow the beauty of the place to stand out. Otherwise it would be like a kaleidoscope threw up on a rainbow in that joint. WE are NOT gonna be Wedding Decor Fashion Dont's oookkkk???

Tuxedo Cake (bottom right) was made by Andy's Mom Mrs. Andria Bowen. Other cakes decorated by a family friend, Ms. Marlene Sealy.
Cake Stand is Andy's mom's and our cake will probably be on it! 


I LOVE my girlies to pieces!  No , that's not me LOL!


The colours are fresh and inviting. Not at all overpowering, and given that it's a summer wedding, we wanted everything to be cool and breezy. Like the location ;)

I would TOTALLY do this, but the dress costs WAAAAY too much! 
The second hardest thing i've EVER had to do after eating bananas, was select attendants. I have new friends, old friends, acquaintances, peeps, crew, daugs. You name it. Andy has it worse than me. Big Man was in about 15/20 weddings (number keeps growing lol). So how do you choose from such a cool pool of peoples? But we have really understanding folks around us. They know that we love them, but everybody cannot be apart of the Bridal Party.

If I'd done cards, I would've gone for something sassy!
So, we took a step back, and I dived in first. I thought about our experiences mutually with the ladies I wanted. Our relationships, how long we've known each other. Would I still talk to them 5 years from now. Good godparent material? Are they pretty (yes girl you know it's true). Are they reliable, faithful? Will they hold my dress while I take a tinkle, I mean c'mon you know. Didn't you watch 27 dresses?!?!? Hellooo?!??! Some people get grossed out easily.
Anyway, careful consideration was taken in the process. I spoke to my Mummy, Auntie, Andy. I made my decision based on our relationships then and now. And hopefully the future.

Big Birdish dresses (not a fan), but the colour is in our palette! 



I look at photos of weddings I've been to, in and around. Either the relationships deteriorated because of a falling out. Or life just happened, and that closeness, that camaraderie between the Bride and Groom and their attendants fizzled out. Of course this could happen to Andy and I. But let's face it, we decided when we got together we were making it work. And that's how we are with our friends.

We may not call them everyday, BBM, text or email. WE may not visit their houses every week or Skype with them at every turn. Our lives are so busy that sometimes we don't hear or see them for weeks, months or years. But the people that I chose, are lifers. They love us, they love us together, they love us as individuals. They are fun, intelligent, dependable, caring, affectionate and HILARIOUS. And come Wedding Day, i'm gonna need to keep smiling for those pics.

We want people who will celebrate with us!!
So, no BIG reveal of the Bridesmaids. We want that to be a surprise in 2014 as well. But I can tell you that I asked them with a powerpoint presentation. The slideshow featured their photos, and names (since all of them don't know each other). And our wedding song :) WE want them to be comfortable with each other come Wedding Day. And I am determined that our relationships will be like mine and Andy's.... built to last.

DISCLAIMER: ALL PHOTOS TAKEN FROM GOOGLE IMAGES (CREDITS: FLICKR, PIC123)

2 comments:

  1. Eh hey buh looka muh crosses, jus so I get mention in dis hey...Heidi gurrrrllll de rainbow aint got nuttin pun you, yuh to like yuh colours, nain aint wrong wid dat doh...uh cant wait to see which ones yuh decide to use for yuh big day, yuh gine be parading like a peacock in all yuh glory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how the colours turn out!! :)

    ReplyDelete