Tuesday 9 July 2013

Your party or your guests party?

Well I'm glad you're all still following because life is happening FAST!

I love unique, anything that seems even remotely unusual or odd is for me. I am officially marrying Mr Conservativo. Bae (like the slang?) LOL, is pastel and I'm neon.

However as you may have surmised from our last entry, we are different with similar tastes in extracurriculars and hobbies. Board games, wii, pawn stars. Also, we are music lovers. So quality entertainment for our beloved guests is a must. Thank God my family can sing, rap, act and dance. So we are set. A few poets too! Countless wedding receptions we have attended and few stand out. They are all memorable because they were family and friends of course. But we have to be us and make sure that guests that attend ours, have that unforgettable experience in a good way.

And soòoooo fun is the aim. An old friend of mine recently suggested (and please feel free to offer suggestions as you wish via the comments section, fb or email), a kissing menu. I was clueless! He explained that instead of the old cheesy clink glass with fork at various intervals throughout the evening or after requests, the couple would kiss. For example, a guest requests the mike or signals to the mc (it's all scripted and timed so there should be no rowdiness,) and offers a word of advice like don't go to bed angry or have breakfast together once a week or the family that prays together stays together, and the couple would kiss.

Sweet right? So after the third suggestion I done wid dat, I'll kiss my new husband whenever I please on that day and any day cause no clinkingglass people are dictating our pace!

I also love the idea of a family tree , each family or friend member should write on a piece of paper provided their relationship with the bride or groom and paste it onto a tree, which will be framed at a later date. Totally cute and different  without being ott or difficult right?

So keep the Ideas coming we greatly appreciate it, great food for thought and great suggestions! Never know! One may make it into our Day Of Calendar of events ;)

Love,
Heidi xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I think you and andy will have the fun aspect covered, like you said, you have been to many weddings so you have probably picked up a few ideas along the way, and there is such a vast amount of information on the internet. I am excited to see what you two come up with! Reception games? photo slide show?

    ReplyDelete