Thursday 19 September 2013

Flying the Coop

Hi all!

Your response to last week's blog was OVERWHELMING! Don't forget to share with your family and friends :) We appreciate the feedback too!!

WELL guess who just realised she's gonna be living wid a man :D Big woman tings in 2014. But after 28 years of living with various animals ( dogs, fish, budgies and a pet mosquito or two) plus my Mummy and Nana and Auntie and Grandad and Uncle Brian, all my neighbours and Lil Rick pun a Saturday night bellowing from Long Bay, what's a girl to do. My life is gonna be all Andy and Heidi for a while.

It's so much more than that though. We have to take care of each other ALONE. We both come from moderately sized families (Andy 5, Me 6). And our home is going to be down to two, 2. Two plates, two forks, two glasses. Nah I'm just kidding. But the truly inspiring thing is that we are already a little family. Andy and I see each other most mornings or evenings (remember I told you he literally lives 2 minutes away). And we talk a whole lot! Our focus funny enough isn't even the wedding. We talk about that sometimes, but generally we discuss Moden, TEAM (his family's sideline) and the two akitas I want cause I am NOT living out dey so where part we living and we aint got two big dogs! Living together is going to be a totally different experience, but creating our own little system and culture is going to be interesting, challenging and fun.

Wedding Update: 

No turning back FOLKS! Lord have mercy tickets booked, timeshares on hold, people coming in from all four corners. So this man betta has stay on my good side. Otherwise PROBLEMS! Lol. Our families are getting excited and for a lot of people this marriage was a long time coming. Why I don't know. God's timing is PERFECT. However, FINALLY, I am imagining myself on Wedding Day, everybody's healthy, happy and HOME! Andy and I are comfortable and not overextended cash wise and our home is OURS! Lord let it be!

Accepting Help:

Now, I am a very stubborn person. I am also quite independent. And own way. I do not GENERALLY like anybody telling me what to do or how to do it. Sorry that's me, I'm working on it. I also have great disdain for people demanding my time and when my JOB gets in the way, they moan about it, but that's another beef for another blog. Here's my point, If and when I need the help I will ask.

People calling my mother telling her they are coming into the island to help ME out. And they're going to take the week off to HELP me with the planning the week of. But does that make sense? Wha ting, if everything isn't FINALISED by March 2014 I would want cutting and quartering. So wha week of dem mean? Dem coming wid CHEQUES??? But looka. And WHY wouldn't MY MOTHER be able to help? Dem planning to tek she out? My mother is the coolest, calmest sanest person I know. Highly efficient and very organised. She is so chill sometimes it's scary! She is alll we need and our planner of course.

When I need a lifeline, I'll ask. TRUST! 


And how PRAY tell are they HELPING ME OUT? I am NOT driving around delivering payments week of, or looking for flowers or shoes or hair things or petticoats or girdles. If dem ain't got it, it ain't got! And I am VERY serious about that. It is the week Andy and I get our massage on, say Happy Birthday to ME :D and get my hair and nails fixed up, bossman  hol' a hair cut and a shave, mani and pedi with his boys (yes Andy with your boys, don't nobody want crusty toed dudes around them!!!). Not for confusion, chile PLEASE.

Undergarments:
Onto a very serious topic of discussion. What do most brides wear under their dresses. Now I've been in and done a few weddings. And I LOVE my Spanx, but what is to happen on this mystical magical Wedding Night now, when it's playtime? Wha de man ain't wanna see no pantaloons.



This one looks the most comfortable.


And Can I just say those long line Bras are VERY uncomfortable. And Heidi does NOT do thongs. Maybe boy shorts? Man, what did you all wear vs what is practical? cause dis heat is something serious and I am NOT about smelling up the place whether Andy is there or not :D

Veils and Birdcages:

I am SO very sorry, but Birdcages are PLAYED OUT! If I see one more, this MUA is going to have SEVERAL seats. I LOVE a long veil, and yes I'm short and I don't care! As long as it's sheer and gossamery ( new word) and flows beautifully, I WANT IT! I think veils really add to the whole bridal look. And them birdcages got too many big holes, which one am I supposed to look through? It's all very confusing.
A guide to veils.


Sheer is pretty.



Hair Adornments: 

I want one, do you all watch Jerseylicious Tracy and Corey? She had THE most beautiful one on! And it still looked good with her veil. It was blingy and sparkly and didn't take away from her hair or dress at allllll Perfect addition and something I think I want to wear fo sho!

Hair Adornments are sooooo now and soooo pretty and blinged out.


Giveaway: 

We are STILL working on it. It's gotta be good so, we'll let you know asap :D 

Thanks, and please share share share!! 

xoxo
Heidi.



5 comments:

  1. after such a looong wedding day, my husband will not see what undergarment i have on under my dress, because i plan to shower and freshen up before the play start. BUT in-any-case i plan to wear practical and comfortable undergarments, if they happen to be sexy/pretty then that's a bonus, but comfort first please, it will be a loong day/evening/night,

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of the veils, birdcages are nice for those up close shots! they fit in the frame and look chic and nice..... but i love me a long sheer veil! they look beautiful, have such lovely an flowey movement, and look nice for the shots that are not up close. and they generally complete the bridal outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and in terms of all this 'help' >> too many cooks spoil the broth! I know you and your mom will know how to handle them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fascinators and accessories. Never thought about a long veil in all my daydreams about my wedding. So I guess I was married in the right season, where BC veils were in. But you have such a lovely roundish face, that you can get away with wearing a long sheer veil. I think the fuller the better. But since I really dont know what your dress looks like I cant say 100%. The bling that Tracy wore was enough adornment that when she took of her veil she still had a bridal feel, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I saw very well through my veil thank you very much! :P
    It is a very regal type of veil, strange I know, because its short, but It can be embellished in SO many ways, and the weight of it feels very crown like, and makes you feel so, *wriggles fingers*, Mysterious!
    So there! :P

    ReplyDelete