Tuesday 10 September 2013

First look, family photos and trash the dress!!


Hiiii!!

200 plus days left... remember when it was 400 plus. I know, we are BOTH getting nercited (nervous and excited), anxious and entering financial comas LOLOLOL.

No on a serious note, we decided not to overspend and stick to a budget, and so far so good, but we allll know in BARBADOS, where EVERYTHING is expensive, you have to be savvy. Otherwise, things can get ugly. So we have a plan and we are determined to stick to it. But things come up so we have back up plans and back up back up plans.We're gearing up for our Engagement Photos, Andy has a final quarter of the year challenge going on with a friend of his to get fit by December or end of I believe. (he's gonna kill me for mentioning this, no wedding lolol) Can't wait to see the results, Andy is EXTREMELY competitive and he usually wins, did I mention he was Captain of the Basketball team at St. Michael's yasssss huntys, get yo lives :D  ;) I have been progressing nicely on my weight loss journey. I weighed recently and I am at 164 so I have to reaaalllly work on my eating (was naughty, ate burgers, at $9.95 and the BEST Coke in Bim?? you betta eat em! LOL)

The supplement I'm taking is WORKING! It keeps me in check and I'm drinking loads of water. So I'm starting my juicing next week to kick start my 10 lb loss again, but I will eat during the day to fuel my body properly.

I found shoes!!! 6 pairs. Decision decisions, but I need two for the day, Some ballerinas or wedges for reception and some sky high or platform heels, I AM marrying a 6 footer after all :)

I'm on the hunt for a cinematic Wedding videographer. I've been seeing tons of great work from our American and Canadian friends, but are there any local companies or film students who do it here? Help a Bridesista out!

I am also in need of decorators! WE have a few in mind but we like to weigh our options. One of our colours I can tell you :) is Ivory. No my dress is not.It's lily white :) BOOM.

Onto the meat:

First look:

HATE IT. I don't subscribe to the superstition. I do dislike most of the Groom's reactions that I've seen. The men are hardly ever blown away by their brides. At least it's not apparent. HOWEVER, I have seen no less than 20-30 grooms almost bawling at the altar when they see their brides enter the church, hall or Ceremony Location. So we will NOT be doing first look bleccch. ( just my opinion to each his own).

Photo Credit: http://abeautifuldayphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wedding-photos-js-0261.jpg


The Compromise:

However, one thing that calms Andy and I down, especially during stressful times or if we argue or disagree about something is PRAYER. And something I have seen and know to be effective because our God is real ( can I get an amen, hallelujah, thank you JESUS), is the Couple's Prayer.

:) I love it!  Photo Credit: unknown
So the couple sits or stands on opposite sides of the doorway, hold hands and pray together before the ceremony. The beauty behind it is that you can't see each other, but touching and agreeing in prayer sets the tone for the rest of the ceremony and the day. Setting that small window of time aside to give God thanks for His blessings, ask him for His mercy and grace on your lives together, and expressing your commitment to Him and each other, thereby acknowledging His place. I imagine there must be a great sense of peace and happiness after that. It must get a little emotional too. So that's what we are going to do. Before all the fun and family, all the eating and making merry, we are going to give Almighty God thanks for bringing us to our Wedding Day and for (speaking prophetically) taking us through to a beautiful marriage.

Photo Credit: http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2013-06-14-prayingphoto.jpg
This was the photo that inspired my thinking about it.



Blindfolding Anderson would be HILARIOUS. But I'm sure he didn't see jack til the altar. Cute huh? lol Photo Credit: Unknown

This blog has a beautiful prayer for the couple 10 days before the wedding. Beautiful http://beyondblessedblog.com/2012/08/14/10/



Family photos:

Wade (www.vecpict.com) And Charles 'Chris' (Facebook: Firefly Photography OR Charles Butcher) have been trying to get some of our brides and grooms to take their family photos BEFORE the wedding.

I pitched the idea to Andy and my mum about taking the family and bridal party photos especially with our overseas guests on the day, and at our next function (date to be announced soon) ;) The rest of the photos. You know how Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonggggggggggg the photo sessions can run at weddings. Everybody and dem granmudda does want a picture. And ya dun know the 1980's cameras gine be coming out of the woodwork. Gotta crank the film too and then use the viewfinder, uh uh boah! We want to ENJOY so we are seriously considering NOT doing them before but definitely doing them after the Wedding while we still have our newlywed glow ;)

Safe to say this photo session probably took AGES???? : Photo Credit: Unknown


Trash the Dress:

I LOVE THIS. Although I did read of one bride who drowned, so safety is KEY! I'm def not trying this at the sea, nonsense. I mean ya can drown anywhere but uh uh boah, I'll take my chances with a pool of fairly still water thanks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/canadian-bride-words-dragged-death-water-logged-wedding-gown-trash-dress-photo-shoot-heavy-article-1.1145343

( soo soooo sad ) the poor photographer, he tried and the groom :(  Deepest condolences, sincerely.

Anyway, I'm thinking a pool and Andy and I jump, big splash, nuff laughs, EPIC photo. Truly memorable and fun. If not, we can do dirt bikes or riding bicycles through the neighbourhood. Something fun and funny for our personal album. With the greatest caution and care!
I am willing to let Wade and Chris do whatever they want. I trust them totally! But I def have my own ideas. Andy has about 500 more than me (photographer problems).
Trash the dress with your husband :) 


With time going by so quickly I tend to forget that I'm getting married. But when I do I'm mostly stoked, slightly stifled that my room will not be mine and my beloved bathroom will change. We've started house repairs officially and Andy seems to be enjoying it. It's a great time for us. And we are grateful to have a house to renovate, building costs are ridiculous.

I'm still debating whether or not to do a giveaway for this blog. Your response has been fantastic, and I love to give things away. So stay tuned, it could be wedding related, photography, makeup. Who knows. Maybe October, but I don't know if you all are interested in that sort of thing hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... wink wink...


That's all for now, talk to you soon :D

xoxo
Heidi



4 comments:

  1. WE INTERESTED!!!! YASSSS HUNTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out Cielo Productions on facebook and their website amazing work! Awesome Videographer.

    ReplyDelete